Friday, May 17, 2013

Where has the time gone?!?

Wow, so it has been quite a while since my last post! So I figured I needed tp update everyone!

I started riding again in September, and in November Buddy and I participated in a clinic with Sinead Halpin, who finished 2nd at Burghley in 2012. Even though we were put in a group below our level, we still learned a lot and and had some exercises to work on over the winter.


In November, I also added a new horse to the barn. Lilly came from a friend trying to find her a home for her owners. She is a 5 year old (almost 6) Thoroughbred Mare who did the hunters and jumpers in Ocala before coming to Kentucky. Shortly after she arrived, my friend Kristin Lund took over riding her to help me out.

Lilly in Ocala
 
 
We have spent that past couple of weekends horse showing. We took both Lilly and Buddy to Paul Frazer Combined Test and Spring Bay Horse Trials. Buddy finished 6th at Paul Frazer in a large novice division. At Spring Bay, Lilly and Kristin finished 10th in their open beginner novice division, and Buddy and I won our novice division!
Lilly and Kristin
Buddy with his ribbon
 
We also had two ponies come in to be commsioned to be sold. And thankfully we have alreday found them both excellent homes! Taz is down the road at Ledgelands farm and is the owner's son's pony. He and Donald are continuing weekly lessons with me.
Rudy was purchased by Megan Northrup form Louisville for her daughter, Tate. They are a perfect pair!
 
Wedding season begins this weekend for me, so horse shows are on hold. We will be attending a few XC schoolings, taking lots of lessons, and heading to the Laine Ashker clinic in June.
 
Buddy and I will be making our move up to training in July at Champagne Run Horse Shows. I'm sad we can't move up earlier, but that just gives us plenty of time to get things perfect. The overall goal for us for this year is to compete at the Training 3-Day at
 
Everyone' favorite pony, Godiva, has arrived back at the farm to get ready for the 4-H Shows, and we have added another sales horse. Grady is a 15 year old TB gelding who evented thru novice. He has had quite a bit of time off, so we are bringing him back slowly.
 
Clark County schools are now out for summer, so lesson times are filling up quickly! We would love to have more people join our team, so contact me for more details!
 
Until next time,
Angela
 

No comments:

Post a Comment